When it comes to addressing actuarial issues, you can’t afford to take any chances. Our range of services covers all the major areas, from financial modelling to strategic reviews, and offers the experience and reassurance you’re looking for.
We always have your best interests at heart and we’re geared towards helping you reach your goal, whatever that may be. Of course, you’ll always know our actuarial work is subject to the latest quality control standards and offered at cost-effective rates.
We can provide you with:
- Senior qualified actuaries to carry out the role of Chief Actuary as required by the PRA for Solvency II.
- Individuals to carry out the role of With-Profits Actuary for firms transacting with-profits business, to act as the "with-profits advisory arrangement" expert or as an expert member of a with-profits committee.
- Actuarial Function Holder, Appropriate Actuary or Reviewing Actuary.
Our experts have the management background to help you with all aspects of reserving and capital management, including:
- All aspects of Solvency II reporting, including capital requirements, annual reporting templates, asset reporting, Solvency and Financial Condition Report (SFCR) and Regulatory Supervisory Report (RSR).
- Risk identification including forward-looking assessment of solvency, ORSA projections and reverse stress-testing.
- Advice, calculation or review of estate, estate attribution and bonus philosophy issues.
- Investment strategy including asset liability modelling and stress testing.
- Adequacy and suitability of reinsurance provisions.
- Regulatory impact on financial structures and governance framework.
At OAC, our team of multidisciplinary experts serves as a flexible resource for all your financial modelling needs. We adapt to your unique challenges, providing solutions tailor-made to your specific requirements.
Our team's vast experience spans across a multitude of financial products:
- income protection,
- funeral plans,
- term assurance,
- critical illness,
- assets, and more.
We are well-equipped to handle the rigorous demands of Solvency II and IFRS17.
Struggling with sluggish spreadsheets? Let us speed-up your monthly reporting, year-end valuations, and new business projections, so you can focus on the numbers.
We set the bar high at OAC. Our team's proficiency in Python allows us to deliver sophisticated and efficient solutions from calculations to elegant dashboards.
We also use GitHub for source control, allowing for seamless collaboration with you, the end user. Plus, we provide training to ensure you're fully comfortable with our systems and processes.
We are the leading provider of Mo.net consultancy services. We understand best practices, having designed and implemented the biggest and most complex projects that exist today.
Our expertise extends beyond actuarial tasks. Our modelling team, covered by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries Quality Assurance Scheme, guarantees the highest standards of consultancy throughout the entire project lifecycle
From identifying business and audit requirements, to building and implementing modelling solutions, and presenting complex financial reports, we assure you of our commitment to quality at every step.
Begin your financial modelling journey with OAC today. With our flexibility, expertise, and collaborative approach, we're here to simplify your complex challenges.
At OAC we know just how demanding it can be to bring a new product to market. We’re here to take the headaches away.
- Assistance with the actuarial pricing, design and marketing literature for new products.
- Experience in designing specialist niche products, particularly in the income protection sector.
- Implementation of new product designs into existing financial models for the purposes of regulatory reporting.
- Help with capital requirements, constraints and regulatory reporting.
For more information
Every business needs to think about its objectives and how best to achieve them. We can offer realistic, practical solutions and support to make them happen.
- Helping businesses think about and reach their objectives.
- Working with senior management to help define their strategic goals and how they can be met.
- Helping Boards and senior management to make sense of the actuarial implications of any proposals.
- Highlight issues that have an impact on other aspects of a business’s functions.
- Undertake due diligence on new ventures, mergers or acquisitions.
- Act as an "Independent Expert" on whether the firm’s proposals meet regulatory requirements and are consistent with the interests of the firm’s stakeholders.
- Acting as a Part VII “Independent Expert” on proposals involving transfers of business from one entity to another.
- Peace of mind that the key staff appointed have the necessary skills and experience to ensure the work is done properly.
For more information
Our team includes highly trained individuals with the appropriate skills to carry out all aspects of Skilled Persons' reports and transfers of business, mergers and acquisitions. We can help by:
- Carrying out investigations and producing Skilled Person reports as required by Section 166 of FSMA.
- Acting as an Independent Expert in a transfer of business under Part VII of FSMA 2000.
- Acting as an Independent Expert in a transfer of engagements of a Friendly Society.
- Carrying out investigations and acting as the specialist adviser for organisations considering a transfer of business, merger or acquisition.
"OAC’s actuaries provided an independent review of our research into investment strategies for retirement savings. Their specialist expertise and diligence in reviewing our work allowed for an appropriate level of challenge to our methodology and strengthened conviction in our conclusions."
"The support provided by the team at OAC has been highly valued. They are quick to respond to any queries with clear responses that are straightforward to implement. They are highly approachable, receptive to feedback and pro-active at keeping in touch to ensure the needs of our business are fulfilled."